StingRay - Urskog Krona | Caliber | R-SPEC DUAL REAR | 12S 5Ah | Dual VESC

@skirk : 12S/5AH - 90mm - 14/32T / APS ESCs

3791mAH : 30,5 km

in an older session, I used my (« old ») board differently; just to go from A to B and come back to A. Didn’t focus on throttle management at all.

22km (13.7 miles) => 3200mAH used / APS ESCs

Check « this thread » on Endless Sphere, this is my old board (I didn’t do any thread on E-SK8.FR as I was starting a new build)

In fact, it also depends highly on how you ride, if you start from 0 or push then press the throttle. Now VESC are really awesome because the progressive start helps a lot :slight_smile:

Some valuable information here! Very good to be able to learn from you guys!

OKP, regarding the Venom bushings, I see there are many different types - standard SHR, high performance eliminator, freeride, downhill, supercarve, standard high performance. Which do you recommend? And hardness?

For the Pivot Cups, you need Pivot Cups 96a WFB Riptide Caliber II

For the bushings, it’s a matter of preference and weight. You can make so many mixes. But you can start with default bushings and change them as soon as you got more money (bushing are expensive!)

Lol thanks OKP! Not sure I fully understand that schematic, but I’ll order them when I order the deck.

In the meanwhile, I just ordered some things from HobbyKing!
8x Turnigy 5000mAh 3S 20C batteries, XT60 and XT90 connectors, and 5.5mm gold connectors.
They probably don’t have 8 batteries in stock, so I’ll have to wait I think… :smiley:

3000mAH ? you should go at least for 5000mAH. Just get 4 of them, give it a try and ajust.

Sorry my bad!! Not 3000, 5000!

you’re gonna love paypal :smiley:

you’re gonna love paypal :smiley:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I’ve been thinking about the electronics, I have some doubts maybe you can clear up!

I need one of those APS powerswitches, correct?
Do I need any kind of battery/wattmeter? Which do you recommend?

VESC’s:
Didn’t find much information about them, but I read your Vanguard thread which did have some things, but all the french confuses me a bit! :roll:
They connect like a standard ESC to the battery and to the motor, but is there two servo leads, or only one servo lead and then one VESC connects to the other?
Any difference in ordering from enertion or ampcite?
On ampcite they show up for pre-order but doesn’t say when it will be available. What options should I mark?

Battery pack/Charging:
After connecting all the battery packs in series, how do you go about charging?
Do I need a 12S charger? What about the balance leads?

Sorry for all the questions, just trying to clear things up so I can order everything I need, and not be waiting for parts later!

Get them a ollin or esk8.de

Get them a ollin or esk8.de

Don’t know what ollin is, but I’ll order from esk8.de, thanks!

As for the rest of my post, any thoughts?

Cheers! :smiley:

You need 2

http://www.ollinboardcompany.com/produc … controller

You need 2

http://www.ollinboardcompany.com/produc … controller

Thanks, maybe better from Germany, no Customs charges.
Found useful information regarding the VESC’s here, very good.

I need one of those APS powerswitches, correct?

Do I need any kind of battery/wattmeter? Which do you recommend?

Battery pack/Charging:
After connecting all the battery packs in series, how do you go about charging?
Do I need a 12S charger? What about the balance leads?

you will not get any customs charge from Ollin (at least this is what happens here in France). Of course getting them from ESK8.DE is a nice move too, David the owner is a nice guy! Tell him you were send by us.

You really don’t need a powerswitch/antispark; you just need an antispark. Powerswitch make it better looking especially if you hide the wires under the grip. You can get a powerswitch/antispark from Ollin or ESK8.DE (ask him), he has nice one and way cheaper.

going 3S (or 6S) is an nice move as it saves you from getting a 12S charger which are expensive. You can get an iCHARGER - it’s an awesome charger OR if you have some money… go for a Hyperion DUO… which will allow you to charge two batteries at a time.

before riding you will connect each of your packs to a series cable that will make from your four 3S pack a 12S pack.

Good choice the dual VESC;)
For the PowerSwitch it’s just to get a “button” on/off easily handy, but it doesn’t work always really fine and somes who arrive do not even work !.. an XT90S is a good and cheapest alternative.
If you want for the start of a test and find out what you can consume a power meter can be interesting, but not recommended to leave it on the setup although many rider have done.
Good continuation !!

check this shop … it sells nice boards too !

check this shop … it sells nice boards too !

Thanks OKP!!
I checked and I liked these, tell me if you think any would be better than the tesseract:

well, they are really different if not totally different. Tesseract Truncated has a W concave which is awesome.

Three different models of tesseract

• Tesseract Twin
  • Tesseract Truncated
  • Tesseract Cantellated

Three different boards, different sizes, different weight but same awesome ride.

I had a Fibretec deck (what an awesome company), nice deck but I have to admit that I really like the shape of the Tesseract truncated but this is really personal preference (I got as well a Tesseract Twin). You should go in a skateshop and stand on decks, and find out which one you like and buy the same shape online. Do you want a nose/tail… or a short 33 deck… ? Prefer a deck with not a lot of concave underneath otherwise you’ll get made getting a flat spot to put the batteries. Limit/Avoid the flex… this is challenging.

Rayne boards are also nice.

Never Summerhas (beautiful and) awesome decks !

I found this one on another forum, this is a Loaded Tesseract and the guy made it an electric board. Just to give you an idea.

well, they are really different if not totally different. Tesseract Truncated has a W concave which is awesome.

Three different models of tesseract

• Tesseract Twin
  • Tesseract Truncated
  • Tesseract Cantellated

I was considering the cantellated I think the truncated may be too short.
You are confusing me with so many awesome decks!! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Really like that last never summer deck you showed.
Also like these very much!!

Maybe the “admiral” is the most balanced and versatile? Also cheaper than the tesseract!

only issue you will have if you look at the decks is the shape/concave. This will be challenging to make covers and have enough flat surface for batteries.

You made a point, Loaded boards are expensive. Lots of people hate loaded for that (maybe they just hate loaded for being Loaded), they say that this is expensive for a piece of bamboo. They are right. Definitely, but man… I just love riding my Tesseracts. The W concave is awesome and they are light. So yes, Rayne are way better in terms of quality/finish… but the Loaded decks never failed on me. Just a personal choice. But that’s fun to read all the Loaded haters on the Internet, some people even fight for that! great fun.

Just try to avoid a deck with a drop, too much flex and go top mount for your first deck.

The cantellated tesseract is still my favorite, or even the twin tesseract, but a few rayne decks are on sale on easyriser…
I’ll probably end up going with the tesseract…
First I’ll order the mount kit, motors and VESC’s. Hell, I could even use my carver deck!