Developpements non open-source du VESC

Shouldn’t be too hard, we use stencils and solder paste paired with a reflow oven. The PCB’s are arriving today so we will have these ready to test over the weekend.

Damn cool.
I also have a reflow oven (not tested yet, the electronic is behaving strangely).
Looking forward to have your impressions on this new design !

The files check out on the bench! We will test this on a single motor build with a large motor soon.

Rock’n roll !!
So you mastered the directFET soldering !
Congrats :slight_smile:

awesome. will look forward to test this oneday!

Also looking forward to the 12 FET beast that you are preparing !!

… and the VESC 6 ! :smiley: :smiley:

Of course but that’s more in Ben’s hands than Chaka’s, I guess …

Here is the footprint for our Direct VESC v2.0

Heat sink will be finished over the weekend but it is already outperforming every other version of the VESC available.

This is a complete redesign with multiple changes to the components and power layout. 55x85x20mm

impressive ! as of today I’m riding quite hard (for more than a year) a VESC on 10/12S on BLDC without a single problem or failure. I tried FOC on 10S but I just don’t like the feeling of it. What would be the benefit of this one ? I

A casual rider like you will probably not benefit from this model. This directed towards riders looking to drive larger motors and performance eMTB or riders looking to run FOC. In your situation the old technology is more than you need so stick with it! :wink:

thanks - I’m also running two VESC in BLDC on my Trampa build on 12S; works fine too with the old technology! what is performance eMTB for you? I mean; in simple words what this new version is able to achieve than the old technology is not ?

thanks for the heads up !

I mean; in simple words what this new version is able to achieve than the old technology is not ?

Over 3x the output of the original VESC! And powers a wider range of motors.

wow ! congrats.

:o H…M…G !!! :twisted: we gonna love it ! Many thanks Chaka :wink: